Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Putting Slow Practicing to good use in a J.S. Bach Fugue Analysis

I’ve been my own mentor to the exponential these past intensified 48 hours as I immersed myself in a slow, deep-layered analysis of J.S.Bach’s Fugue in Ab, BWV 862 (Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1) The detailed exploration not only heightened my understanding of this ingenious composition, but it increased my love and reverence for it.

So without waxing poetic about the longing that’s expressed through a chain of emotion-gripping modulations, I will defer to my Two Part introspection of this Fugue that’s the beginning of my immersion. Awakenings and epiphanies ensue once the solid foundation of analysis with cognitive, affective and kinesthetic dimensions are integrated.

Finally, in a slow practicing frame, the Subject/Countersubject interaction that includes fragments of each and inversions therein in partnership with a divine set of harmonic progressions, affords a learning process that brings fulfillment with each incremental and parceled out discovery.

J.S. Bach Fugue in Ab analysis

J.S. Bach Fugue in Ab analysis p. 2

Part ONE:

Part Two:

Link:
https://arioso7.wordpress.com/2015/12/18/why-is-practicing-slowly-so-unpopular/



from Arioso7's Blog (Shirley Kirsten)
https://arioso7.wordpress.com/2015/12/21/putting-slow-practicing-to-good-use-in-a-j-s-bach-fugue-analysis/

No comments:

Post a Comment